Hospitalist Jobs in South Carolina
Friday · June 18, 2021
1 Job in The Palmetto State
Photo: The resort beaches of Myrtle Beach South Carolina.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Sumter) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- The NP handles a lot of the consults and rounds on Subacute and Surgical Patients.
- The group is employed by the hospital and offers a competitive compensation package.
- Competitive Salary, Sign-on Bonus, Paid Time Off, Qualitative Bonus, Relocation Expenses, Paid Medical Malpractice, Generous Retirement Plan, Health Insurance, CME Allowance, etc.
- Eicu is an interim service we are utilizing until we are able to start up our own intensivist program.
- Currently 5 physicians cover the day with 1 admitting and 4 rounding, and one nocturnist at night.
- The hospitalists typically see between 16 - 20 patients and work a Tuesday through Monday, 7-on / 7-off block schedule with midlevel support.
- We have a Pulm/CC physician in the community available for consult as well as support from a team of intensivists available remotely 24/7 via Eicu (a form of telemedicine).
- Some Hospital or Practice Highlights are as follows: Web-based daily charge entry system, Bedside Medication Verification, Electronic Health Record, Central Monitoring Unit, Wound Center with 2 Hyperbaric Chambers, Eicu, Wireless Imaging at the Bedside, and a Palliative Care Program.
- I'm sorry, but.
- The hospital's medical staff offers 25 specialties for consult services that are readily available.
- Join a growing hospitalist practice in beautiful Sumter, South Carolina that was established in 1997 by our current interim medical director.
- We currently use locums to supplement coverage needs - day shift hospitalists are not required to work night shifts).
- We would prefer BC/BE in Internal Medicine, but will consider BC/BE in Family Medicine with in-patient experience.
- We have a need for both day shift hospitalists as well as one more nocturnist.
- Since the intensivists are on our medical staff they can provide consults, monitor patients 24/7 and are able to intervene when necessary.
- We have an open ICU, so physician must be comfortable rounding on ICU patients and able to do procedures if necessary.
- We have 1 NP at the moment but are looking to add more.
This perm job from Tuomey Healthcare System was last open on Jan 13.