Hospitalist Jobs in South Carolina
Thursday · July 16, 2020
1 Job in The Palmetto State
Photo: The resort beaches of Myrtle Beach South Carolina.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Sumter) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Candidate must be willing to relocate to the community.
- I'm sorry, but.
- The hospitalists typically see between 16 - 20 patients and work a Tuesday through Monday, 7-on / 7-off block schedule with midlevel support.
- The ideal candidate will be Board Certified in Internal Medicine with at least 5 years of hospitalist experience.
- Currently 5 physicians cover the day with 1 admitting and 4 rounding, and one nocturnist at night.
- We have 1 NP at the moment but are looking to add more.
- The NP handles a lot of the consults and rounds on Subacute and Surgical Patients.
- Competitive Salary, Substantial Stipend, Sign-on Bonus, 5 weeks Paid Time Off, Qualitative Bonus, Relocation Expenses, Paid Medical Malpractice, Generous Retirement Plan, Health Insurance, CME Allowance, etc.
- Since the intensivists are on our medical staff they can provide consults, monitor patients 24/7 and are able to intervene when necessary.
- The group is employed by the hospital and offers a competitive compensation package.
- We have a Pulm/CC physician in the community available for consult as well as support from a team of intensivists available remotely 24/7 via Eicu (a form of telemedicine).
- Dedicated time available for administrative responsibilities through a combination of clinical and director shifts.
- We have an open ICU, so physician must be comfortable rounding on ICU patients and able to do procedures if necessary.
- Seeking a Hospitalist Medical Director to provide clinical leadership for a well-established, rapidly growing hospitalist practice in beautiful Sumter, South Carolina.
- Eicu is an interim service we are utilizing until we are able to start up our own intensivist program.
- Strong team building and leadership skills required.
- Prior Medical Director experience preferred.
- The Medical Director would also serve as a liaison between the hospitalist group, medical staff, and hospital administration.
- The hospital's medical staff offers 25 specialties for consult services, as well as Eicu support, a dedicated billing staff, and the support of a practice manager.
- That was established in 1997 by our current interim medical director (who is retiring).
- Some Hospital or Practice Highlights are as follows: Web-based daily charge entry system, Bedside Medication Verification, Electronic Health Record, Central Monitoring Unit, Wound Center with 2 Hyperbaric Chambers, Eicu, Wireless Imaging at the Bedside, and a Palliative Care Program.
This perm job from Tuomey Healthcare System was last open on Jan 13.