Hospitalist Jobs in South Carolina
Friday · June 18, 2021
1 Job in The Palmetto State
Photo: The resort beaches of Myrtle Beach South Carolina.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Sumter) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Prior Medical Director experience preferred.
- Strong team building and leadership skills required.
- We have 1 NP at the moment but are looking to add more.
- The group is employed by the hospital and offers a competitive compensation package.
- The ideal candidate will be Board Certified in Internal Medicine with at least 5 years of hospitalist experience.
- Candidate must be willing to relocate to the community.
- That was established in 1997 by our current interim medical director (who is retiring).
- The hospitalists typically see between 16 - 20 patients and work a Tuesday through Monday, 7-on / 7-off block schedule with midlevel support.
- The Medical Director would also serve as a liaison between the hospitalist group, medical staff, and hospital administration.
- Some Hospital or Practice Highlights are as follows: Web-based daily charge entry system, Bedside Medication Verification, Electronic Health Record, Central Monitoring Unit, Wound Center with 2 Hyperbaric Chambers, Eicu, Wireless Imaging at the Bedside, and a Palliative Care Program.
- Competitive Salary, Substantial Stipend, Sign-on Bonus, 5 weeks Paid Time Off, Qualitative Bonus, Relocation Expenses, Paid Medical Malpractice, Generous Retirement Plan, Health Insurance, CME Allowance, etc.
- We have an open ICU, so physician must be comfortable rounding on ICU patients and able to do procedures if necessary.
- Dedicated time available for administrative responsibilities through a combination of clinical and director shifts.
- The hospital's medical staff offers 25 specialties for consult services, as well as Eicu support, a dedicated billing staff, and the support of a practice manager.
- The NP handles a lot of the consults and rounds on Subacute and Surgical Patients.
- We have a Pulm/CC physician in the community available for consult as well as support from a team of intensivists available remotely 24/7 via Eicu (a form of telemedicine).
- Eicu is an interim service we are utilizing until we are able to start up our own intensivist program.
- Currently 5 physicians cover the day with 1 admitting and 4 rounding, and one nocturnist at night.
- I'm sorry, but.
- Seeking a Hospitalist Medical Director to provide clinical leadership for a well-established, rapidly growing hospitalist practice in beautiful Sumter, South Carolina.
- Since the intensivists are on our medical staff they can provide consults, monitor patients 24/7 and are able to intervene when necessary.
This perm job from Tuomey Healthcare System was last open on Jan 13.